How to Wear a Clip-In Hair Extension Set - for Beginners
Wearing a Clip Set:
Learn how to install a full set of clip in extensions.
1. Carve off a section of natural hair at the nape of the neck. Clip the remainder of natural hair out of the way.
2. Backcomb the natural hair slightly where the clips will be placed.
3. Position the teeth of one clip in the hair and snap shut. Repeat with the other clip.
4. Carve off the next section of hair about an inch higher than the first. Backcomb the natural hair where the clips will be placed.
5. Position the teeth of one clip in the hair and snap shut. Repeat with the other clips.
6. Carve off the next section of hair and backcomb the area where the clips will be positioned.
7. When installing a piece with three or more clips, snap the middle clip into place first and alternate snapping the clips closed on either side.
8. Continue adding clips until you have completed the back of the head.
9. Add pieces to the front and sides maintaining an inch below the part line.
10. Style as desired.