DIY: How to Create a Clip-In Piece for Fullness that Converts to a Ponytail for Updos
Learn how to create a convertable hairpiece that can be used as a ponytail or a 3/4 wig.
1. Cut 6 pieces of wefted hair into 7'' strips and 2 pieces to 14'' strips.
2. Bundle each single strip into doubles: 3 pieces that are 7'' and 1 piece that is 14''.
3. Cut a piece of fabric 7'' long and about 4'' wide.
4. Sew the 7'' strips (as doubles) to the fabric, each a little bit higher than the last.
5. Center the fabric piece in the middle of the 14'' hair section and sew it to the wefts.
6. On the underside of the 14" section, sew the comb clip to the middle.
7. Sew a weaving clip to each end of the 14'' piece.
8. Sew a weaving clip in between the end weaving clips and the center comb.
Products Used In This Tutorial: