DIY: How to Color Correct Synthetics To Match Your Natural Base Color
Toning Synthetics To Match Base Color :
Learn how to tone synthetic pieces.
Alcohol Ink (We used Tim Holtz brand available at craft stores in the stamping section)
Garbage Bags (or something to cover your work space to protect from stains)
1. Cover your work space with garbage bag or other plastic and put on gloves.
2. Place a small amount of isopropyl alcohol into spray bottle. Add drops of alcohol ink. Spray on white paper to test color strength.
3. Starting on the underside of the piece, spray color at the root base until desired tone is achieved.
4. Continue spraying the piece until you have colored your desired areas. For our example, we are changing the root tone and pulling the color down to a platinum transition.
5. Allow to dry completely. Once dry, it is ready to wear!
These are now permanently colored and should not rub off with wear.