DIY: How to Create Dreads for a Day
Learn how to create a temporary dread style.
1. Create the desired part line.
2. Pick up a section and begin lightly backcombing starting a few inches from the scalp and working down the hair.
3. Hairspray the "dread" form making sure to coat both sides.
4. Twist into a dread-like form and apply heat with a flat iron.
5. Work down the form in manageable sections, twisting the hair and applying heat.
6. Continue each dread section until the style is complete.
7. To remove slowly comb out starting at the bottom of the dread.