Synthetic Dreadlock Blanket Stitch:
Learn how to install synthetic dreadlocks on long hair while hiding the braid as short as possible.
Elastic Matrix Thread or Rubber Bands
1. Cut your thread to an appropriate length.
2. Section the hair for one dread.
3. Split the in two halves (side by side).
4. Lay the extension dread in between the two sections at the centerfold.
5. Position the two sections of natural hair making one a top and one a bottom strand.
6. Move the lower section over the top of the natural hair, underneath the dread, and back over the dread. Your section should end as the top strand now.
7. Repeat this motion, alternating strands until you have reached the ends of the natural hair.
8. Hold one side of the elastic thread in with natural hair and extension dread, and wrap the other leg around the loose hair for several turns.
9. Tie both legs of thread together into a secure knot.
10. Wrap the longer leg of the elastic thread around the dreadlock and any loose hair for several turns, finishing past the natural ends.
11. Complete three loop knots around the dread. Repeat with the other leg of thread and finish by tying them together.
12. Repeat with this a bunch of times until you have covered your head with your amazing new hair.
1. Cut the elastic thread.
2. Gently loosen the thread away from the hair.
3. Unbraid the natural hair to remove the extension dreadlock.
4. Comb the natural hair thoroughly before washing.