DIY: How to Create Strip Lashes with Braiding Fiber
Strip Lashes with ShapeShifter:
Learn how to make strip lashes with ShapeShifter.
Liquid Nail Glue
Freshly Boiled Hot Water
Old Lash Tray
1. Set up your work area, positioning your weaving thread using risers. (We used perm rods.)
2. Determine your desired lash cluster thickness by doubling over a bit of fiber. The fewer the strands the finer your finished product.
3. Hold the fiber at the middle and place the top loop under the weaving thread.
4. Push the tail ends of the hair and pull it through its loop. Use tweezers if needed.
5. Pull knot tightly to secure.
6. Repeat this process until you have achieved your desired lash width.
5. Position knots for desired thickness.
6. Pull knots tight.
7. Apply a thin coat of liquid nail glue across the knots.
8. Allow glue to dry completely.
9. Comb hair straight.
10. Position perm rod underneath your hair.
11. Use the corner of a towel that has been dipped into freshly boiled water, to bend the fiber around the rod. Hold in position until the heat dissipates.
12. Repeat as needed to create a proper curl.
13. Cut the lash away from the riser and tape to an old lash try to help shape.
14. Cut away excess fiber length.
15. Point cut to shape each lash. (Make sure you do both of your lashes at the same time.)
16. Remove from lash tray, cut away excess thread and work lash into a curve shape.
17. Your new lashes are now ready to wear.