DIY: How to Speed Curl Synthetic Dreadlocks (Curling Rod Method)
How to Speed Curl Synthetic Dreadlocks:
Learn how to speed curl synthetic dreadlocks.
Curl Rod (Dowel Rod)
Velcro Strap (optional)
Bowl for Water
1. Place three synthetic dreadlocks at the top of the rod.
2. Rubber band the the tops to the rod.
3. Wind the dreads around the rod in a single layer down the rod.
4. Use a velcro strap or additional rubber bands to secure the dread ends.
5. Wet your hand towel, wring it out, and place it on your work surface.
6. Place the curl rod on the towel and wrap the towel around it.
7. Iron over the towel.
8. When the steam starts to die down, move to a new area on your towel. Turn the rod 1/4 inch and repeat.
9. Repeat until you have hit all sides of the dread.
10. Allow dread to cool.
11. Cut away rubber bands and slide off curl rods.
12. Repeat for the remainder of your dreads.