DIY: How to Reseal Doctored Locks Premade Synthetic Dreads
Resealing Doctored Locks Premade Synthetic Dreads:
Learn how to reseal Doctored Locks premade synthetic dreads.
Doctored Locks Premade Synthetic Dreadlocks
Pot of Water
1. Secure your dreadlock to a work surface with the middle bend accessible.
2. Lightly backcomb the length of the dread.
3. Flip dread and repeat the backcombing on the other side.
4. Set up an ironing board against your work surface.
5. Ensure you can work past the mid-point.
6. Place your hand towel into water and wring it out leaving it damp, but not dripping.
7. Spread the towel over the ironing board.
8. Place the dread on the towel and twist the first few inches of the the dreads to tighten it.
9. Fold the towel over the dread. Hold the dread in place from the outside of the towel to prevent the twist from unraveling. Press with the iron until the steam dies down.
10. Hold the dread in place until it cools and the shape is set.
11. Twist the dread tighter and press with a new, damp section of towel.
12. Continue this process on the length of the dread.
13. Flip the dread and seal the other side.