DIY: How to Permanently Extend Your Natural Dreadlocks
Permanent Extenders for Dreadlocks:
Learn how to add length to your pre-existing dreads with permanent extenders.
Single Ended Human Hair Dreadlocks
1. Cut the single ender off the weft if necessary.
2. Slightly pull apart the end of the natural dread and the extender. Place the ends together with a slight overlap.
3. From the top of the extension dread, push the threaded needle down into it leaving the knotted loop out slightly.
4. Sew back down toward the loop and push the needle through the loop to secure the thread.
5. Sew through the bottom of the natural dread and pull tight.
6. With the dreads secured together, blend the transition by picking up a small amount of the natural hair with the needle, go around the extension hair, and back through the natural hair.
7. Continue blending the extension hair in this manner until the top transition is smooth.
8. Blend the lower transition in the same manner. Pick up a small amount of the extension hair with the needle, go around the natural hair, and back through the extension hair.
9. Continue blending the natural hair in this manner until the bottom transition is smooth.
10. Tie the thread off and clip the end of the threads away. Palmroll the transition slightly.