How to Make Hair Extension Wefts:
Learn how to create extension wefts from bulk hair.
2'' Masking Tape
Liquid Nail Glue
Extra Hold Hair Spray
Flat Iron/ Iron
1. Set up the sewing machine.
Single Needle or Double needle- Set stitch to zig zag. Stitch tension between 8 and 9. Stitch width set at 2. Stitch length set at .5.
Triple Needle- Set stitch to straight. Tension set between 7 and 9. Stitch width won't matter. Stitch length set at .5.
2. Thread the machine. Use extra bobbins if you are using a double or triple needle.
3. Place masking tape sticky side up, with the sides folded under to hold it to the work surface. Place 2 strips parallel with an inch gap.
4. Spread the bulk hair across the tape evenly.
5. Saturate the hair with hairspray.
6. Allow hair to dry and then apply a second layer of tape over the first.
7. Cut off the excess edges of the tape.
8. Load the hair into the sewing machine and sew in the gap between the tape.
9. Flip the hair, and do another pass right above the previous stitch.
10. Repeat 4 more times with a single needle, once more with a double, and you are done with a triple needle.
11. Place the cardstock in between the pieces of tape.
12. Use a flat Iron or a regular iron to crease the top into a fold.
13. Load back into the machine and create the top stitch.
14. Remove the masking tape.
15. Apply nail glue to the ends of the weft to ensure they will not unravel.
16. Allow to dry and then cut away the tails.