Iron Seal for Synthetic Dreadlocks:
Learn how a household iron can become the perfect tool for your dread making process.
Pot of Water
1. Soak towels in a pot of water.
2. Remove one towel and squeeze out excess water. It should be saturated, but not dripping
3. Place one end of the towel under the dread form.
4. Twist the fiber, using your thumbs to push down any stray hairs.
5. Fold the towel over the dread, be sure not to let go of the twist.
6. Use the iron over the towel to force steam into the dreadlock.
7. Reposition the towel (or switch towels if it has become too dry).
8. Continue working in sections down the length of the dread.