DIY: How to Install Bulk Synthetic Hair Using Shrinkies Shrink Tubes
Installing Synthetics Using Shrinkies:
Learn how to install synthetics with Shrinkies.
Synthetic Hair - must be heat sealable such as Kanekalon
1. Test your fiber with your heat wand. The fiber should melt into a smooth even form when heat is applied.
2. Slide the Shrinkies onto the pulling needle.
3. Carve off a section of hair and slide the Shrinkie onto the natural hair.
4. Fold the synthetic hair in half, go back down with through the Shrinkie with your pulling needle, and pick up the synthetic hair at the fold.
5. Position the Shrinkie in place, and apply heat to the Shrinkie using a heat wand.
6. Roll the bond into place.
7. Do a rotation test and reposition if needed.
8. Repeat until desired style is reached.