Human Hair-Synthetic Hybrid Dreads:
Learn how to create human hair/ synthetic hybrid dreads.
Large Perm Rods
Pot of Boiling Water
Dye Tool Kit
1. Secure krinklepuffs to your work surface.
2. Interweave the krinklepuffs together to form your desired thickness.
3. Alternate weaving each side through the others until they are meshed to the ends.
4. If creating doubles, flip your forms and repeat on the other side.
5. Use your pulling needle to pull strands of afro bulk through the krinklepuff base like floss.
6. Wrap one leg of afro bulk around the dreadform and use your pulling needle to pull back through the dread.
7. Repeat down the dread, pulling the afro bulk through the base in different directions.
8. To secure the ends, twist one leg of the afro bulk and then wrap the other around it in the opposing direction (or split the fiber into three strands and create a braid).
9. Palm roll the afro bulk and the krinklepuff together.
10. If creating doubles, flip the forms and repeat on the other side.
11. To curl, spiral wrap the dread around a perm rod.
12. Dip dreads into boiling water.
13. Let cool fully.
14. Unwind your dreads from the perm rods.
15. To color, prep your surface with aluminum foil.
16. Saturate dreads with hair color.
17. Fold up foil and allow color to process.
18. Rinse with cool water.