Human Hair Dreads with Afro Bulk:
Learn how to create dreads from afro hair extensions.
1. Separate a small portion of afro hair from the bundle.
2. Twist the hair to estimate the finished size of the dread, add more if needed.
3. Attach hair to your work surface.
4. Backcomb lightly.
5. Near the top, push the hair together making overlapping folds.
6. Insert your pulling needle through the center, pulling the end of the hair through.
7. Repeat down the length of the hair.
8. Next, insert the needle near the top and pull a small strand of hair through like floss.
9. Wind the hair around the dread form. Insert your needle into a lower section and pull the hair through to secure it.
10. Repeat this process adding flossing hair down the length of dread. Backcomb as needed.
11. Go back and fill in any spots that look too thin.
12. Palm roll to compact and shape the form.
13. They are now ready to install.