DIY: How to Create a Colorful Fishtail Accent Using Clip-In Extensions
Fishtail Braid with Highlight Clip:
Learn how to create a temporary and colorful fishtail braid.
Colorful Clip In Hair Extension
Spray Bottle with Water
1. Carve off a channel for your braid.
2. Secure the rest of the hair out of the way with rubber bands.
3. Pick up a small section at the top of the channel and backcomb.
4. Slide the highlight clip into the backcombed section and snap the clip to secure.
5. Backcomb, smooth and hair spray the surrounding hair for coverage.
6. Pick up the clip and surrounding hair.
7. Split into two vertical sections. (Use water for control as needed.)
8. Separate away a tiny amount of the highlight hair from the underside, pull it over the top of it's section and add into the other side of hair.
9. Repeat with hair from the other side.
10. Repeat these small motions adding in small amounts of the natural hair, continuing to work down the channel.
11. When you reach the end of the channel, pick the braid up away from the head and continue.
12. To finish your braid, twist each of the two sections slightly and secure with a rubber band.