DIY: How to Enhance Strip Lashes with Braiding Fiber
Enhancing Strip Lashes with ShapeShifter:
Learn how to enhance strip lashes with ShapeShifter.
Liquid Nail Glue
Krazy Glue Gel
Freshly Boiled Hot Water
Old Lash Tray
New Strip Lashes
1. Set up work area, elevating weaving thread across risers. (We used perm rods.)
2. Determine the desired thickness for each cluster by doubling over a bit of fiber.
3. Take the fiber at the middle and place under the weaving thread, creating a loop.
4. Push the tail ends of the fiber through the loop. Use tweezers if needed.
5. Pull knot tight.
6. Repeat this process until you have achieved your desired number of clusters.
5. Position knots for desired thickness.
6. Retighten knots.
7. Apply a thin coat of liquid nail glue across the knots.
8. Allow glue to dry.
9. Pull lashes apart at the base so the hairs fan out.
10. Position perm rod underneath.
11. Place a damp towel with freshly boiled water over the lashes, pressing into the curve and hold until heat dissipates.
12. Repeat applying heat as needed to create the shape.
13. Cut away individual lashes.
14. Add two drops of Krazy glue gel to a disposable paper.
15. Grab the lash end of a cluster with tweezers.
16. Dip the knot in the glue gel and place it along the lash line of your strip lashes.
17. Repeat until you have added all your pieces.
18. Allow the gel to dry completely.
19. Cut the additions to the desired length.
20. Your lashes are now ready to wear.