Why Are My Dreads Crunchy?:
Learn why your synthetic dreads are crunchy and how to prevent it from happening.
Jumbo Braid (Backcombed)
1. Secure dread form to work surface.
2. Place a damp towel under the form.
3. Twist it into shape, fold the towel over the form, and pinch on the outside so that the twist is not lost.
4. Place a hot flat iron over the form to steam in the shape.
5. When the towel loses moisture and steam dies down, move to the next portion.
6. Twist the dread a little tighter and repeat the process with a section of the towel that is still freshly damp.
7. Wait until the dread has cooled before letting the twist go.
8. Continue with the remainder of the dread remembering to always use a freshly damp portion of the towel.