Dread Piece for Short or No Hair:
Learn how to create a dreadlock piece for too short, thin or bald hair.
Double Ended Dreadlocks
Fabric or Old T-Shirt
1. Cut a horseshoe shape of fabric that is slightly larger than the top of your head.
2. Cut two small holes in your fabric.
3. Attaching your dreads:
~To attach double ended extensions, pull the top fold through the fabric, then pull the tails through the other hole. Pull the tails under the top loop and cinch down.
~To attach single ended extensions, pull the top loop through one hole, the tail through the other. Pull the tail through the loop and cinch down.
4. Continue adding your dreadlocks until your fabric has full coverage.
5. Check the fit of the piece and add more dreads as needed.
6. Cut a rectangle headband from your fabric. Make sure that it is long enough to tie at the nape of your neck.
7. Sew this shape to the front of your dread piece, along the flat of the horseshoe.
8. To wear, place the piece on your head, tie at the nape, and enjoy.