DIY: Basic Dreadlock Maintenance with Base Ties
Learn step by step how to perform essential maintenance for your dreadlocks.
1. Using your comb, separate a dreadlock away from the other sections.
2. Use shears to remove any hair that has become incorporated into the wrong section.
3. For loose hair sections that need to be reincorporated into the dread, backcomb the hair then use an extended microneedle to the hair into the center of the dread.
4. Bind the base of the dread with thread. Wrap one tail of thread around the base four times, then tie it into place.
5. Clip the excess thread away.
Products Used In This Tutorial: