Dread Install with Elastic Matrix:
Learn how to install synth dreads with Elastic Matrix Thread.
Elastic Matrix Hair Extension Thread
1. Cut your thread to an appropriate length.
2. Create your attachment section.
3. Split the section into two halves.
4. Position the dread in between the two sections at the centerfold. Clip one leg to secure it in place.
5. Use the free leg of the dreadlock and the two strands of natural hair to complete a three strand braid.
6. Braid until you reach the ends of the natural hair.
7. Let one leg of the thread run parallel with the dread, past the natural hair and hold the other leg of thread out to the side where you will begin your banding.
8. Wrap the elastic thread around the loose hair for several turns. Continue banding the length of the dread past the natural ends.
9. Using one leg of the thread, complete three loop knots around the dread. Repeat with the other leg of thread.
10. Knot the two ends together three times and cut away the ends.