DIY: Dollylocks Dreadlock Maintenance with Base Ties
Dollylocks Base Maintenance:
Learn how to perform dreadlock base maintenance like a pro.
Dollylocks Dry Shampoo
Dollylocks Steel Hook
Dollylocks Tightening Spray
1. Make sure the dread section you are working with is free from stray hairs.
2. Smooth the hair at the base and use clips to keep other hair out of the way.
3. Dust a small amount of Dollylocks Dry Shampoo onto the hair.
4. Pull the loose hair to one side of the dread, go through the dread with the hook, wrap the hair several times around the hook, and pull through the dread.
5. Repeat the process going through the dread at different angles.
6. Hold the dreadlock at the base. Using the Dollylocks thread, tie a basic slipknot. Take half the string and do an over, under, and through movement three times with one side, and then three with the other.
7. Tie the two tails together 3 times.
8. Clip the tails away.
9. Follow up with the Dollylocks Tightening Spray.