Curling Rod Wave for Synthetic Dreadlocks:
Learn how to create waves in your synthetic dreadlocks using a curling rod.
Double Ended Dreadlocks
Velcro Straps and Grip Strips
1. Place the curling rod over a hook.
2. Hold a dreadlock at the top of the rod.
3. Place a grip strip over the top of the dread and a velcro strap over that.
4. Pick up one leg of the dreadlock and wind it around the curling rod.
5. Use a grip strip and velcro strap to secure it at the end.
6. Take the other leg of the dread and wind it in the opposing direction.
7. Secure the end.
8. Dip or cover the rod with boiling water.
9. Remove from heat and let cool.
10. Undo the velcro straps and remove the grip strips.
11. Unwind from the rod and let dry.