DIY: How to Create a Clip-In Hair Extension Set
Creating Clip In Extensions:
Learn how to create your own customized clip-in hair extension set.
1. Cut the weft into 3" (five pieces), 6" (one piece), and 9 ½" (one piece).
2. Stitch once into the weft to secure the thread.
3. Center the clip to be sewn, making sure the teeth are pointed in the downward direction, and the clip is flipped so the teeth are on the top side (backer bar against the hair).
4. Sew the clip and weft through the first hole of the clip for three passes.
5. Sew through the second hole and the weft for three passes.
6. Push the needle to a hidden area underneath the clip.
7. Stitch into a small portion of the weft a couple times and then create a knot.
8. Cut the thread.
9. Repeat for each clip.