DIY: How to Create a Braided Weave with Full Coverage and Open Part Lines
Learn how to create a braided weave.
1. Start with hair cornrowed, expect for the front hairline and a small section of the top part.
2. Fold a cornrow up and ends down so that they are sitting in the groove between braids.
3. Put the weave needle through the braid and tack stitch the braid into place.
4. Repeat for the rest of the braid tails.
5. Place a weave cap over the cornrows.
6. Pull the front hair forward and band it out of the way.
7. Cut out a notch for the top part section.
8. Put the weaving needle through a cornrow, weave cap, and back through the thread to anchor the weave cap into place.
9. Continue sewing the cap to the braided base until it is secure.
10. Cut off the weave cap tag (if applicable).
11. Begin sewing the wefts onto the cap starting as low as possible for maximum coverage.
12. Continue working in rows up the head until you reach the crown.
13. Use smaller rows on the crown with hair going the direction you need it to for the finished style.