DIY: How to Add Single Ended (SE) Premade Synthetic Dreads To Natural Dreadlocks (Thread)
Adding Single Enders with Thread:
Learn how to add single ended synthetic dreads to your natural dreadlocks.
Single Ended Dreadlocks
1. Position your thread above the natural dreadlock.
2. Thread the natural dread through the loop of your single ended dread.
3. Use the thread to create a figure 8: around the natural dread, around the synthetic dread, back to the original position.
4. Pause with each pass to ensure the thread is tight to the base.
5. Repeat this motion for several passes until the binding is secure.
6. Split the thread into two. Wind one side around the base three times. Knot the thread tails at least three times.
7. Continue adding the extension dreadlocks in the same manner until you have completed your desired style.