Adding Double Enders with Thread:
Learn how to add double ended synthetic dreads to your natural dreadlocks for fullness, color and texture.
Double Ended Dreadlocks
1. Position your synthetic dread and thread above a natural dreadlock.
2. Make sure the thread is close to the scalp.
3. Use the thread to create a figure 8, looping over the extension dread and then around the natural dread returning to the original position.
4. Pause on each pass to make sure the thread is tight to the base.
5. Repeat this motion for several passes, until the extension is secure.
6. To finish the binding, split the thread tails apart. Wrap the thread around the base three times, then knot them together at least three times.
7. Continue adding extensions in the same manner, until you have completed your desired style.