DIY: How to Create Cornrows (Step 3: Adding Braiding Hair)
Learning Cornrows Step 3: Adding Braiding Hair:
Step 3 of 3:Learn how to add braiding hair into cornrows.
Single Ended Dreadlocks
*Note: Be sure to review video steps 1 & 2 or this may be more difficult.
1. Part the hair into a track using rubber bands to keep the neighboring sections away.
2. Pick up a small section from the front of the row and position the braiding hair behind.
3. Grab one section of the braiding hair with pinch fingers, the natural hair with the grab fingers, and rest the other leg of the braiding hair.
4. Perform the pinch, grab, rest method for 3-4 turns or until the braiding hair feels stable - you should see a very tiny braid beginning.
5. Pick up a small section of hair from the channel and add it to the pinch section.
6. Continue picking up hair with the pinch motion as you repeat the pinch/grab motion down the braid channel.
7. When you run out of hair to pick up from the scalp, just continue with the motion until you reach the ends of the hair. Band the ends.