DIY: How to Install Double Ended (DE: Fold Top) Synthetic Dreadlocks:
Learn how to do a basic DE (double ender) dreadlock installation.
Elastic Matrix Thread or Rubber Bands
1. If using, cut your elastic thread to an appropriate length.
2. Section the hair for the first dreadlock.
3. Split this section into two halves.
4. Position the dread in between the two sections at the centerfold. Clip one leg of the dread upwards.
5. Use the free leg of the dreadlock and the two strands of natural hair to complete a three strand braid.
6. Braid until you reach the ends of the natural hair.
7. Hold your thread in the center and wrap it around your dread three times.
8. Tie the thread to secure it.
9. Hold one leg of the thread parallel with the dread. Hold the other leg of thread out to the side.
10. Wrap the free thread around the dread and any loose hairs hair for several turns, past the natural ends.
11. Using one leg of the thread, complete three loop knots around the dread. Repeat with the other leg of thread.
12. Knot the two ends together three times and cut away the ends.
13. Repeat with remaining sections.
1. Cut the elastic thread.
2. Gently loosen thread.
4. Comb out and wash the natural hair.
The Amazing Items Used for this Tutorial